Based in Prague, Czech Republic
A tactical puzzle game where you need to program your robots to breach into enemy spaceships, overcome defenses, and steal precious data. Written and designed as a hobby project by Viktor Bocan, Design Lead of Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP
JUNE 2020 – Playable pre-alpha demo featured on Steam Game Festival 2020
Q3 2020 – Early Access planned for Steam
2021 – Release on Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One (Series X and PS4/5 being considered)DEEP IN THE UNIVERSE
After the final battle, humanity is gone, and you may be the last living being in this part of the Universe. Space stations and spaceships are still there in the darkness, unmanned, maintained by pre-programmed robots. And they have data: your only clue on the way to find remaining humans.The game
You cannot enter ships and you cannot control your robots directly. The only way to finish the task lies in the art of programming.
Let droids board the ship…
…collect the data…
…and get out, destroying everything that stands in the way
The task of each mission is to bring the requested amount of data back to the base and leave before the situation gets out of hand. For that, you need to program up to four robots to enter, fight, retrieve, and cooperate. Enemy forces are nearly unlimited, but they are weak, slow, and predictable. You are not.
- A strategy game with a programming twist: program up to four battle droids to win the mission for you; no commands possible once the mission starts.
- Combination of strategy, puzzle, and programming: you are outnumbered and overpowered, but you may be the last being around with a human brain.
- A captivating sci-fi story from the far future: after the Battle of Factions, humanity is gone; but only humans are allowed to program battle droids.
- Full-featured level editor to create community levels: create your own maps, share them with friends or strangers; even on a console.
- Your introduction into programming: learn the basics of computer programming and fall in love with that; it's easier than you imagine.
Automatica: Instructional Video YouTube
Automatica: Story Trailer YouTube
Automatica: Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Automatica: Introduction and gameplay – developers streaming for Steam Game Festival 2020 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Automatica on Discord
If you like this game and you are curious about what is hidden behind the dev curtain then this is the best opportunity for you to meet us on Discord: discord.gg.
Cinemax, independent studio based in Prague with track record of 40 titles published on various platforms including Steam, iOS and Nintendo e-shop.
More information on CINEMAX, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Viktor Bocan (Warhorse Studios) and Lukáš Macura (Cinemax)
Lukas Macura (BUSSINESS/PRESS)
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks